3 pieces of chicken thighs – de-skinned and de-boned
2 cloves of garlic – thinly slice
40g ginger – thinly slice
1 heap teaspoon corn flour
3-4 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 bird eye chillies
Freshly ground black pepper
A pinch of salt
Courgette – sliced
½ tomato – sliced into few wedges
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces. If you want the dish to cook quickly, cut the chicken into small strips of 1 cm thick.
- Heat a wok on medium to high heat. Pour in two tablespoons of cooking oil. Let the oil heat up.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic and chilli. Stir well. Be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Once you start to smell the ginger, add the chicken. Stir well for few minutes until the chicken start to turn opaque. This should take 3-4 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce. Coat the chicken well.
- Add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
- Now add the water. If you don’t want the dish to be too watery, add less water. Let it boil for few seconds.
- Add the sliced courgettes and wedges tomatoes. You can use other vegetables like green beans, broccoli or any vegetables of your choice.
- Let the vegetable cook for 1 minute. Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Mix the corn flour with 3 tablespoons of water. Add to the chicken and stir well for few seconds.
- Turn the heat off and drizzle some sesame oil. Taste the dish for seasoning. Add a pinch of salt if needed.
Serve the dish with boiled or steamed rice.
This dish is very easy and quick to prepare, and very versatile too. You can replace chicken with prawn if you fancy seafood.