Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: < 10 mins
8 peeled raw king prawns
200g squid – cut in to rings/strips
Vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, baby sweet corn
1 heap teaspoon corn flour – mixed with 5 tablespoons of water
1 lemongrass – bruised
½ tomato ≈ 25g – quartered
2-3 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
25g ginger – sliced or slightly bruised
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
3 green bird eye chillies
1 garlic – pounded/minced
A quarter of onion ≈ 25g
- Get all the ingredients ready.
- In a wok or pot, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil on medium heat.
- Fry the lemongrass, green chillies and sliced ginger for few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the minced garlic and fry for another 2 seconds or until the garlic starts to turn brown.
- Add the oyster sauce and stir for another 2 seconds.
- Add the water and dark soy sauce and let it boil.
- Once boiled add all the vegetables, kaffir lime leaves and the quartered onion. I like my vegetables crunchy, so I only cook them for 2 minutes.
- Then I add the seafood and the corn flour mixture and cook for another 2 minutes. If you like more gravy, add more water. Do not overcook seafood otherwise they will taste horrible.
- When you see the gravy starts to boil, turn off the heat. Taste for seasoning – add salt if required.
Voila!! Did I not say it takes less than 10 minutes to cook this delicious paprik dish? Serve the seafood paprik with basmati rice or noodles.
Substitute seafood with chicken for another version of paprik. Or you can add seafood and chicken in the dish. Note that if you put chicken in the dish, chicken has to be cut into very small pieces so they will cook faster. Put the chicken into the wok/pot after step (5) above and fry for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Then continue with the rest of the steps above.